Solo Holidays: Group Holidays for Solo Travellers
Book a solo holiday today: Discover new destinations in a stress-free way by booking a group holiday for solo travellers, hosted by a member of our team. Our solo holidays are for anyone travelling on their own. Whether you are single or your partner is unable to travel, a single parent whose kids are away or grown up, or you have a partner who doesn’t ski or enjoy sightseeing – our solo tours are for you!
Why travel solo?
We all need a break sometimes. From work, the kids, a partner. Nothing is better for the body and soul than a few nights away from it all! Let someone else organise and just go with the flow. Solo holidays give you the chance to relax and escape the daily grind for a while but still offer enjoyable company on your trip.
Solo holidays in groups are thoroughly enjoyable because you share a unique experience with new friends. Our holidays often lead to friendships for life, other times they act as a turning point for anyone feeling low or isolated. Solo holidays are also great for improving your self-confidence as they leave you with a sense of achievement because you have chosen where to go and what to do and made your way there and back on your own. This is not a given when you have always travelled with family or a partner.
We offer a choice of hand-picked hotels that provide the ideal base for a solo trip. These hotels offer quality accommodation with all the facilities you need to relax and are conveniently located to explore more of the city and country you are visiting. All our hotels offer double rooms for single occupancy for our solo travellers but if you want to travel with a friend, you could share a room and save yourself a little bit of money each. Check out our selected programme of escorted solo holidays, especially created for our single parents and anyone else on their own, who is looking for company on holiday:
Our solo holidays:
Solo holidays – ski weekend in Reith/Kitzbühel (Austria) : 10 to 14/15 January 2020
4- or 5-day solo ski trip in Austria’s famous Kitzbühel, voted repeatedly the best ski resort in the world. With 179 km of perfectly-prepared pistes for all abilities and 54 modern lifts, it is no surprise that Kitzbühel is such a famous destination. Based at a 4-star hotel on half-board basis with pool and spa we have reserved double rooms for single occupancy for this singles skiing holiday. A member of our team will host this trip and organize ski hire and lessons for our group, ski guiding for all intermediate and advanced skiers and will be there to help at all times. Read more…
Solo holidays – skiing in Schladming (Austria) : 14 to 21 March 2020
1-week singles ski holiday based at our popular 4-star hotel Mitterhofer on half-board basis in Schladming. The ski area consists of 45 cable cars and lifts linking 115 kilometres of pistes including the award-winning 4-Mountains Ski Circuit, so you can enjoy a huge choice of runs without ever having to take off your skis. Your Single Parents on Holiday host will organize ski hire, ski lessons, offer ski guiding and will be there to help at all times. Read more..
Solo holidays – short break in Slovenia : 17 to 20 October 2019
A short solo holiday to show you the best of Slovenia in 3 days. Includes a wine tasting evening, a visit of Slovenia’s elegant leafy capital with its charming old town and a boat trip on picturesque Lake Bled and the world-famous Postojna Cave and Predjama Castle. Our 4-star boutique hotel is worth a visit in itself with its stunning interior and impressive views of Lake Bled. Read more..
Solo holidays – beach break in Istria, Croatia : May 2020 (dates to tbc)
A 4-night solo holiday on the pretty Croatian peninsula. Relax by the pool or on the beach of our superior 4-star adult only hotel, complete with a wonderful spa. This solo holiday is offered with a varied excursion programme, incl. boat trips to the ancient city of Rovinj and the pretty coastal town of Porec and a visit of the historic seafront city of Pula. Read more..
Single Parents on Holiday has been providing stress free holidays for single parents and their children since 2005. Many of our parents have holidayed with us year after year and their children are now growing up. With this in mind, we have introduced solo holidays for anyone travelling on their own without children. Now solo travellers can enjoy the same fantastic group holidays in beautiful locations hosted by a member of our staff as our single parent families have for many years.
More reasons to book a solo holiday:
- Top Accommodation: Our unique hotels offer a high standard of accommodation and are conveniently located for easy access to city centre/slopes, etc.
- Stress Free: On our solo holidays we take care of everything, just book your flight and relax ! We will arrange your airport transfer, greet you at the hotel, introduce you to the other solo travellers in the group and tell you all about the region and the itinerary on offer on your solo holiday.
- Expertise: One of our team members will accompany the group – he/she knows the region and the local sights and will show you the best your solo holiday destination has to offer. We have been in the travel business since 2005 so you are in safe hands with us. We know our hotels, our suppliers and the best places to eat, see and relax.
- Company of others: Our solo holiday groups are a friendly bunch of solo travellers, mostly in theirs 40s, 50s and 60s. Some are single and some have partners who don’t travel. Whatever your reason for planning a holiday on your own, you will find a friendly group to laugh, relax and share your travel passion with.
- Saving: We shop around to find the best deals for single occupancy. That is why our solo holidays take place outside the school holidays. By travelling off-peak and through our network of hotels, we can offer good deals to our solo travellers. You can save further by booking early or if you have travelled with us before (s. Discounts), or by sharing your room with a friend.
Join us on one of our unforgettable solo holidays, just you and us and a group of happy solo travellers!