Our Solo Holidays
Solo Group Holidays: Travel with Other Singles
At Single Parents on Holiday we understand that travelling alone is not much fun, or might even seem daunting, especially if you have recently become separated, divorced or widowed. Our solo group holidays are perfect for anyone who is on their own, single parents whose kids are away or have flown the nest, or anyone whose partner cannot or won’t travel. Some of our solo clients find that skiing on your own is not much fun, so they come on our solo ski holidays. Whatever your situation, we are confident that one of our solo group holidays is for you. Discover new destinations in a stress-free way by booking an escorted group holiday for solo travellers: One of Single Parents on Holiday’s team members will organise your airport transfer, greet you at the hotel, arrange tables for the group for dinner and organise lots of activities and excursions that you can enjoy together.
Why travel with us?
Single Parents on Holiday has been providing stress free holidays for single parents and their children since 2005. Many of our parents have holidayed with us year after year and their children are now growing up. With this in mind, we have introduced solo holidays for anyone travelling on their own without children. Now solo travellers can enjoy the same fantastic group holidays in beautiful locations hosted by a member of our staff as our single parent families have for many years. Here are just some of the benefits of booking a solo holiday with Single Parents on Holiday:
Relax and enjoy
We all need a break sometimes. From work, the kids, a partner. Nothing is better for the body and soul than a few nights away from it all. Let someone else organise and just go with the flow. Solo holidays give you the chance to relax and escape the daily grind for a while whilst offering enjoyable company at the same time.
Travelling with others is thoroughly enjoyable because you share a unique experience with new friends. In fact, our solo holidays often lead to friendships for life, whilst other times acting as a turning point for anyone feeling low or isolated. Many singles have said that our single parent and solo holidays helped ease them into the next chapter of their lives through the like-minded company, friendship and positivity they encountered.
Solo holidays are also great for improving your self-confidence because they leave you with a sense of achievement: You have chosen where to go and what to do and made your way there and back on your own. This is not a given when you have always travelled with family or a partner.We offer a choice of hand-picked hotels that provide the ideal base for a solo holiday. These hotels offer quality accommodation with all the facilities you need to relax and are conveniently located to explore more of the city and country you are visiting. All our hotels offer double rooms for single occupancy for our solo travellers but if you want to travel with a friend, you could share a room and save yourself a little bit of money each. Check out our escorted solo holidays, especially created for our single parents and anyone else on their own, who is looking for company on holiday:
Our solo holidays:
Solo ski holiday in Reith/Kitzbühel, Austria : 10 to 14/15 January 2020
Solo ski holiday (4 or 5 nights) in Austria’s famous Kitzbühel, voted repeatedly the best ski resort in the world. With 179 km of perfectly-prepared pistes for all abilities and 54 modern lifts, it is no surprise that Kitzbühel is such a famous destination. Based at a 4-star hotel on half-board basis with pool and spa we have reserved double rooms for single occupancy for this singles skiing holiday. A member of our team will host this trip and organise ski hire and lessons for our group, ski guiding for all intermediate and advanced skiers and will be there to help at all times. Read more…
Solo ski holiday in Schladming, Austria : 14 to 21 March 2020
1-week solo ski holiday based at our popular 4-star hotel Mitterhofer on half-board basis in Schladming. The ski area consists of 45 cable cars and lifts linking 115 kilometres of pistes including the award-winning 4-Mountains Ski Circuit, so you can enjoy a huge choice of runs without ever having to take off your skis. Your Single Parents on Holiday host will organise ski hire, ski lessons, offer ski guiding and will be there to help at all times. Read more..
Solo holiday in Istria, Croatia : 10 to 14 May 2020
A 4-night solo holiday on the pretty Croatian peninsula. Relax by the pool or on the beach of our 4-star hotel, complete with a wonderful spa, fitness room and tennis courts. This solo holiday is offered with an excursion programme, inclunding a boat trip to the ancient city of Rovinj, a visit of the historic seafront city of Pula. Read more..
More reasons to book a solo holiday:
- Top Accommodation: Our hotels offer a high standard of accommodation and are conveniently located for easy access to city centre, beach, slopes, etc.
- Stress Free: On our solo holidays we take care of everything, just book your flight and relax ! We will arrange your airport transfer, greet you at the hotel, introduce you to the other solo travellers in the group and tell you all about the region and the itinerary on offer on your solo holiday.
- Expertise: One of our team members will accompany the group – he/she knows the region and the local sights and will show you the best your solo holiday destination has to offer. We have been in the travel business since 2005 so you are in safe hands with us. We know our hotels, our suppliers and the best places to eat, see and relax.
- Company of others: Our solo holiday groups are a friendly bunch of solo travellers, mostly in theirs 40s, 50s and 60s. Some are single and some have partners who don’t travel. Whatever your reason for planning a holiday on your own, you will find a friendly group to laugh, relax and share your travel passion with.
- Saving: We shop around to find the best deals for single occupancy. That is why our solo holidays take place outside the school holidays. By travelling off-peak and through our network of hotels, we can offer good deals to our solo travellers. You can save further by booking early or if you have travelled with us before (s. Discounts), or by sharing your room with a friend.
Join us on one of our unforgettable solo holidays, just you and us and a group of happy solo travellers!